Celeteque Traveler's Basics Kit


I had been searching for a good facial cleanser, toner and moisturizer that would suit my skin type and address some anti-aging issues (I hear we're suppose to start our anti-aging regimen as early as the age of 25). And while bloghopping, I have found this kit, I believe that was on Dos Marias' blog.

Of course, my curiosity was piqued. 3 products in one at the price of P149.00, in sample sizes (or travel size) so we could test how the product fares before committing to a huge and expensive bottle.


When I got the chance to buy it, I did. Yay! I finally got a toner and moisturizer; which I haven't religiously used for many years. I did tend to have them now and then, but never to the point of applying them weeks in a row. :(

What's good about these are that the toner is alcohol-free meaning no sting, and the moisturizer is water-based and oil-free. They're very skin friendly. They're very light on the skin too. Both facial wash and moisturizer are very fluid, the moisturizer leaning a bit to a gel consistency and the wash really watery which surprised me because most washes like this have a thick consistency.

So how did I fare? I have used these for about a month or so, to best test the effect of them on my skin. Well, on the first few days I used only the facial wash. I still get a little oily after a few hours, especially on my nose which didn't surprise me at all since it happens all the time, but disappointed me nonetheless. I have been searching for an oil controlling product, and this is not it.

When I finally started using the toner, I got more oily. I wondered if this has to do with not having used a toner in so long and my skin reacted to it and tried to produce more oil, since toners are known to be drying. But still, this promised to be alcohol-free which made me believe that it won't be drying.

About the week since I started with the kit, I started with the moisturizer. And boy, did I oil after that. Oil slick galore! I had thought the moisturizer would help. Adding more moisture to my skin would somehow tame the oil production. So I waited for them to take effect. Sometimes, it takes a while for something to get into the source of the problem and do its job.

Fast forward to a few weeks later, I broke out! Argh!!! My face has bumps all over and I've got pimples! I rarely get pimples, even when I was a teenager. And I haven't used anything new since using this kit. I also changed my pillowcase a few weeks ago. So, I could only blame these products. It's probably all the oil on my face that has blocked my pores.

See for yourself:


Let me take just a moment of everyone's time to say that I had just taken a bath before I took a pic (or pics) that's why my hair is a mess. Okay, now don't stare too much. I am still not comfortable sharing my face here. :P Sharing my face for the first time and then it looking like this? Hmmm, it's not helping my confidence a bit. :P

Verdict


I am so not buying this again. That's understandable, right? I have actually bought a new facial cleanser yesterday, Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser. So let's all pray this works out this time.

As for this Celeteque kit, I have read Marie's review on it and she says it worked out great for her. I believe it depends on the skin type. Those with oily skin should stay away. This might probably work for normal skin. Or those with dry skin.

So, that's it for today. What do you think? Should I be less adventurous next time? Or should I have stopped using it right away? Thoughts and comments are welcome. :D But don't be too harsh. :D

Dawn

5 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear that this didn't work for you. Finding the right skincare stuff can be frustrating. =( I'm thinking, based from your review, that the cleanser might be TOO gentle for oily skin. Then layering a moisturizing toner plus another layer of a 'true' moisturizer might have exacerbated any oiliness. That's just my 2 cents worth of idea, though. =)

    I've only tried the moisturizer but not the toner and cleanser.

    Might I suggest 'Clean and Clear's' facial wash? Like you, I, too have oily skin and this product works for me. Plus it's inexpensive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks feisty femme! :D It is indeed frustrating, like trial and error. Good thing you recommended me something, I would know what to try next. Thanks so much for your recommendation and opinion. :)

      Delete
  2. Love this post !!! (: It is very helpful !!

    Evelyn^^

    simplybeautyxd.blogspot.com

    feel free to come by whenever you have time and if you want to of course ! hehe^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      I'll check out your blog too. :)

      Delete
  3. I do enjoy reading your blog. It's so disappointing when something doesn't work for you.

    Karen x
    http://silvermachine78.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete