The Face Shop Sweet Kiss Balm in Strawberry


I have been at The Face Shop the other weekend because I have ran out of my sample sized powder and I thought of getting one from The Face Shop again. *I'll blog about that powder soon.* Anyway, while looking around at the other stuff at the shop, the SA recommended me this lip balm. Maybe she noticed I have semi dry lips (because I always do ;) ) which is why a lip balm is what she recommended out of all the products there. *Sometimes I feel that way when an SA recommends something, like she noticed something wrong with me, lol!* This Sweet Kiss Balm comes in two flavors: strawberry and chocolate, and I was really leaning towards the chocolate but the SA dissuaded me, saying that one's for men. Lol! I was really disappointed hearing that, I even asked her if it won't be effective if a woman uses them. :D

Anyway I had been thinking of getting a lip balm that I could wear under lipsticks. Don't get me wrong, I am totally happy with my current lip balm, the Maybelline Baby Lips (review here) but that one is thick and waxy so I don't like wearing it under my lipsticks at all, because it feels too weird and heavy. That is why I included this item in my purchase as well.


The box it came in has the feel of a watercolor painting on recycled paper, with pink and brown text. There is a huge flap with a drawing of a girl leaning out to kiss. The chocolate version has more brown than pink, and the drawing is of a boy leaning to kiss on the left part of the flap. If you put the two side by side, the boy and girl would be kissing. *Ayii!* The SA actually showed it to me, to illustrate that the chocolate was the boy's. :D


Here is how it looks from the back. It has a "To & From" part so you can give this as a gift as it is. Maybe gift the chocolate one to your guy if he's suffering from dry lips?

*Sorry pictures are blurry, I forgotten to take them and remembered on a rainy day.*


The packaging of this lip balm is like any ordinary lip balm twist up tube. It has the same design as the box', with the fonts and the drawing. The cap is in pale pink which is similar to the balm itself. I have noticed that there are patches of darker pink in the bullet. I thought this is consistent all through out but on the part where I am now, the bullet has an even pale pink color. There is no difference is scent, flavor and texture between the two colors anyway.

Speaking of scent and flavor, it's obviously strawberry. It smells nice, nothing too overpowering. As for the texture, it applies thinly and isn't waxy at all. I am actually loving this lip balm. For the purpose I bought it, this proves to be a great product.


Hand swatch: shows a wash of pale pink plus some slight sheen.


Lip swatch: I love how the sheen and the tint of pink makes my lips look healthier (compared to a clear balm's dead slug lips effect).

Anyway, as for the moisturizing/nourishing factor, I find that it isn't as moisturizing as the Maybelline Baby Lips. It does prevent my lips from chapping, but once it's already chapped, it doesn't really do much to heal it.

I would also like to point out that since I am using this under lipsticks, I would have been happier if this has SPF. It's funny how I use a non-SPF product during the day and keep the one which has SPF just to use at night. Lol.

And another thing to comment about: this retails at P395. That's expensive! Baby Lips is only at P79. O_o

So, would I repurchase it again? Maybe. If I can't find anything better. But this is already very nice.

Dawn

18 comments:

  1. Great post! We do have that same feeling when an SA would recommend something to me. I feel awkward in a second but I guess that's what she is trained for. To spot my imperfection and recommend a product for me to try. :)

    Love that pink tint, but yes it's too expensive for a lip balm with no spf.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D I thought I was the only one who feels that way. Hehe. Thanks for visiting my blog Marie. :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Dawn! Thanks for reviewing this product! It looks really cute both the packaging and the name <3 You have really cute blog :D Thanks for following me, I followed you back ^_^ hehe.
    ee1988.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. it really is a bit pricey for only one lip balm! but it looks like a good product though. try mo yong mentholatum lip ice. I find it better than baby lips and is only 89 pesos. hehe
    Random Beauty by Hollie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, I forgot about that. I did list that down to try. :) Tapos I'm an impulsive shopper pa talaga. Hehehe. I'd definitely try that out next. :D

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks Sakuranko! :) Sure, I'll head over there now.

      Delete
  5. Sure, why not? Thanks for the invite.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, it's a lovely balm. I think I want it. Thanks for the review.

    Min x
    http://www.minsbeautyequipment.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting my blog Min. :)

      Delete
  7. Hi Dawn!
    I just wanna let you know that I nominated you for The Versatile Blogger Award.
    Check out my blog for more info!

    xx, Mira | http://lemieletlavanille.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yey! Thanks for the nomination Mira. :)

      Delete
  8. But what if I like chocolate? :'<
    HI YES I AM A GUY AHEM-
    No, but really, this looks adorable~ <3
    I'm getting chap lips from the winds around our area. ;v; This seems like a really good product and I would love to try it out!
    Thank you for the review. *A*
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Please check out my blog if you have the time! ;v;
    pandagin.blogspot.com

    ☆ gin ★

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe exactly what I thought too. :) If only I could get away pretending to be a guy. Hehehe.

      Delete
  9. I find this balm too expensive. I would still prefer those balms within a hundred pesos. But what can we do? It's from The Face Shop.

    http://styleandglow.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it is too expensive. I'd blame it on my impulsiveness. :(

      Delete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete