Caronia Sweet Surprise


One of the Caronia polishes I have bought a couple of months ago. It's the one labeled Sweet Surprise, an opaque yellow with "frosted" finish. I'd have to say though that I can hardly detect the frost, it's just a plain nail polish to me. I do like how bright it looks and it's not even a neon color.

I have chosen this color so close to Christmas because of the hectic schedule I'm facing nowadays. I'll be going home/vacation in a few days time and heaven knows when I'll be able to go online again. There's just so much to do! The yellow perks me up so much. To the point that I'm almost an energizer rabbit (keeps going and going and going...) but I'm sure this energy won't last a week. :D Good timing too, since I would be changing nail polishes then and mom would be around to do most of the chores. :D

I have thought of using gold glittery nail polish for this week, so it would feel more festive. But I got scared it might scare my mother when I arrive home. Lol! But I'm pretty sure even this yellow would also make her comment "Oh girl, you just went to Manila and look how liberated you've become..." Hahaha. It's just nail polish mother.

As for the nail polish's application and wear, it's not really up to par with the other Caronias I've tried. It's streaky on the first 2 coats, so I had to put on a 3rd coat to make the color even. And I have noticed just less than a week of using this that the polish has started to crack and chip. Hmmm. Maybe because I applied a thick coat. The other colors lasted weeks and barely even chip. Oh well.

Hey Christmas is in a week! Eeee! I'm so excited! Merry Christmas everyone!

Dawn

5 comments:

  1. I really like that shade of yellowc:
    could never find a good yellow polish-.-

    http://toth3stars.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean. There are a lot of shades of yellow out there, but not a lot of this kind of yellow. The other shades are also pretty though. :) Can't wait to try them all out. :)

      Delete
  2. That yellow polish looks like you're ready to have fun. So nice sis :)

    http://homebaseddiva.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, so excited for the holidays! :D Thanks Kat.

      Delete
  3. Nice shade, this will also be good to use on the coming summer days.

    http://styleandglow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete