Happy Skin's Shut Up & Kiss Me Lip & Cheek Mousse in The Morning After



The quest for my MLBB (my lips but better) color is over! I found it in Happy Skin's Shut Up and Kiss Me Lip and Cheek Mousse in the color The Morning After. In my previous post which is another Happy Skin lippie review, I mentioned that I was searching for this particular shade because I was suspecting that this would match my natural lip color perfectly, but sadly it was sold out everywhere. That just shows how beautiful the color is. And that's why I picked up another color instead.

Last May, when I read from other blogs that The Morning After is making a comeback albeit in a different formula, I checked it out on the Happy Skin website right away, fearing to be left behind once again.

And maybe it was a blessing in disguise that I didn't get the color in crayon form, because a lip mousse that can double as a blush is pretty heaven sent to me.

The packaging too is a win for me, not that I don't love the lip crayons. But this one looks elegant and more mature than the ones I usually pick up. About time I should choose makeup that fits my age I think.


This lip and cheek product hydrates, primes, repairs & rejuvenates with Anti-Aging Peptides, and protects with SPF 15. It also features Shea Butter and Collagen - the same lip-lovin' ingredients from Happy Skin's bestselling Shut Up & Kiss Me moisturing lippies.
--- Happy Skin


I love the teardrop-shaped applicator with the hole in the middle because it ensures I don't take too much product. That means when I apply at the corners of my mouth it doesn't end up inside my mouth.

This would also be a good wand for precisely outlining the lips because of its slim and pointed applicator. I'm not into a precise outline myself though. The Korean practice of blurring out the lip outline is rubbing off on me.

with flash / without flash
With flash, it looks mauve while without flash, it looks reddish nude.
Photos unedited. Because I don't know how to edit the photo with the flash, so best to leave them as is.
(You can view how I edit my photos here.)


The color closely resembles my natural lip color and the mousse formula feels very lightweight. It still tends to dry my lips a little, but that's just how my lips are.

I love how natural it looks and feels, both with the consistency and the color. This lip mousse is something I like to use on a daily basis as it looks appropriate for any occasion --- grocery shopping or meeting up with people or going on dates.

The Morning After as blush


I've used it as blush only a couple of times and I haven't taken any photos of it yet. I will update this post or make another about it when I do.


Repurchase?

Definitely yes. Although this is priced at P699 per tube (which is a bit over my budget), this is something I'd get a lot of mileage of so it's pretty worth it. And it's not easy to find a MLBB shade, you know. Especially one that looks and feels like the natural lip, just better.

How about you? What's your favorite MLBB shade? Share them in the comments.

Dawn

2 comments:

  1. This looks like it's right up my alley! I'm not too sure about the top 2 ingredients though, seeing as it's primarily for the lips.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks for pointing that out. I'm not very knowledgeable of such things. Do you think the amount of said ingredients is enough to be harmful?

      Delete